Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A little anecdotal post, reminisence.

So, my parents wanted to repaint my room (which frankly I don't care too much about, I'll only be there for another year or so anyways), so I've had to move all my stuff out.

As I was doing it, I thought about everything I picked up.

Every receipt brought back a memory of a certain day of my childhood/adolescence.

Every trading-card package reminded me of my old self, what I used to do, the things I used to love and care about.

I picked up a notebook with a story I started writing in 4th grade. I liked it, most of it at least, it was about talking cats. No wonder people hated me in 4th grade, I was a fucking smart 4th grader.

I found a potato chip. No story there, just evidence of a true pig.

I made sure my weed and cigarette stashes were secure.

I had to pack away my bookshelves as well; it reminded me of how my parents would read me to sleep every night, until I was...12 or something.

As I was cleaning out my bookshelves, I came across several childhood photo albums. They made me giggle. I was this innocent little blond tubby kid not so long ago.

I crumpled up poems from junior high and freshman year. I have forgotten how much I really truly wanted to kill myself in those days.

I'm thinking when I rearrange my room when the paint dries, I'm going to go for a more austere look. So I won't miss it when I move out.

Now that I've gotten rid of my bookshelf, I'm thinking about clearing out my closet to make more space. That way I can set up a real "home office" in there, with my computer, a drawing table, and my good old Webster's Encyclopedic Dictionary.

Assuming I have a similar setup when I move in to an apartment or something, I'll probably do something similar, except hopefully I'll live somewhere I won't have to hide my drugs and I could actually like....I dunno, smoke out in my room or something.


On a mostly unrelated note, I've added 4 days of cardio to my workout regime, so no I am doing 45 minutes of elliptical machine every day, in addition to my 3-day per week weightlifting regime. Hopefully coupled with some dietary adjustments I should be much thinner within the next year or so or possibly hopefully less than that.

As usual, post your enamorance/hate below.

OR

If you got here from MySpace or Facebook, comment or message me there!

Peace,
~Michael "Cow" Mullinax

No comments:

Post a Comment