Thursday, December 3, 2009

Musing at where I'm going, what I'll do in the relatively short-term

My college path is narrowing.

I've decided that I'm going to go to college whatever the fuck it takes, because I fuckin' want to, not because its the Great White Status Quo.

MAYBE, I'll take a year off to soul-search, or something fucktarded like that.

I've narrowed my selection down to about 20 schools, but I'm only going to talk about 2 right now: University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, Arizona, and McNally Smith College of Music in Saint Paul, Minnesota.

My inner nerd urges me to UAT, to follow (somewhat) in the steps of my father (a MIT graduate) and go in to the high-tech industry.

I'm also tempted by McNS, because I love music, it is my soul. It's not "my life" as many
ASSHOLE POSER SCENEKIDS would claim, but my angle is that it is my SOUL. As I said before, devotion is a close cousin to delusion.

Occupations seem a bit far off but I'm thinking if I go down the UAT road, I want to start a kickass independent videogame company, an extension of my life-long project King Moon Studios (http://www.myspace.com/kingmoonstudios). I want to create some kind of business partnership with the local nonprofit Free Geek, a program that helps get computers/other technology to those who might not be able to afford it or other nonprofit organizations.

I'm thinking I'll do something similar if I graduate at McNS, I want to front some kind of band, use any money that comes off of that for some internationalist charity, expand King Moon Studios to help sign small-time, talented groups with not enough glitz and glamour to impress big studios.

That's all I have to say for now, as usual, MySpace/Facebook users message/comment me, or post your enamorance/hate below.

Peace,
~Michael "Cow" Mullinax

No comments:

Post a Comment