Sunday, November 29, 2009

A few of my life's philosophies

Tonight's going to be another shorter post, unfortunately, as I have some things to attend to around the house.

I came across a revelation of my own here.

Life is like a box of chocolates: most of it will probably be stuff you don't like but there's bound to be that one luscious piece somewhere in there.

That is all.

No, not my whole post, just the revelation part.

Some people say life is short and fast; I disagree. I think life is long, and vast. Even if you only live to 30, the experience of life is still a mysterious, slow-moving thing.

One of my philosophies is to avoid commitment of any kind; devotion is a close nephew of delusion. The more absorbed one gets in a cause or faith, the more they become lost.

I would say that in a sense, yes, we are all quite lost, but personally I'd rather be lost in reality or something close to it that something distant and different from it.

Another thing I live by is a combination of these two things: keeping one's options open, and always make a conscious effort to learn.

Many of my good friends have dropped out of school and while I respect their freedom of will, I can't choose the same thing for myself. I think "mind expansion" works both ways; the stoner way and the legitimate way. Expansion of one's actual knowledge affects the capabilities of one's thoughts; in my opinion, the stoner "mind expansion" is a way to bring one's self spiritually closer to fellow human beings. The result of my combining of these two elements has proven my point: I have stayed in school and made a conscious effort to learn, and I have continued to use substances, which I feel brings me closer to my fellow man.

This has got to be my shortest post, my apologies, but I really need to take care of some things around my house. Post your enamorance/hate below.

Peace,
~Michael "Cow" Mullinax

No comments:

Post a Comment